[RE-wrenches] NRTL certification question

Steven Lawrence lawrencesteven at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 08:48:27 PDT 2016

Just to expand on this, the NRTL has to test to the specific UL standard.
However, if you look at the definition of "listed" in the NEC, it states
"equipment, materials, or services included in a list published by an
organization that is acceptable to the AHJ...).  I have heard of some
jurisdictions in CA that do not accept CSA, Tuv, ETL, etc and will only
accept UL as a testing agency.

BTW it is possible to do field certification of equipment, although it's
probably more cost effective  to purchase new modules.