[RE-wrenches] Buck-Boost transformer to mitigate high voltage drop?

Howard Arey scot.arey at solarcentex.com
Tue Aug 16 12:16:18 PDT 2016

Answers to all:

No - I did not measure voltage at the house. Right now, only an assumption
of voltage drop based on my perception of what "typical" loads might be on
this 150-amp service. I wasn't expecting to see such small wires for such a
long run from transformer to house when I showed up there without a
voltmeter. He is a heavy user, using 6,000 kwh in some months

We're looking at a 20KW system (he has some other expansion requirements, he
has the roof space, and the need.) I roughly estimate that he'll use onsite
40-50 amps of the 82 amps at peak inverter power output.

Interesting to hear of one transformer response and hope to learn more on
that, too.

Howard "Scot" Arey

Owner, Solar CenTex

254-300-1228

scot.arey at solarcentex.com

www.solarcentex.com <http://www.solarcentex.com/>

https://www.facebook.com/SolarCentex

Rated #1 Solar Installer in Texas by Solar Reviews
<http://www.solarreviews.com/solar-companies/top-100-residential-solar-power
-contractors-2016/texas/>