[RE-wrenches] Enphase Support Non-Responsive

Jason Szumlanski jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com
Sat Aug 6 09:14:28 PDT 2016

Looks like I touched off quite a touchy subject that people are thinking
about.

For what it's worth, I have actually received Enphase labor reimbursement
for eligible warranty work in pretty decent turnaround time, but you really
have to stay on top of it. As for the pros and cons of the technology, I
still love the MLPE concept because who knows how make string inverters are
out there with faults and undiagnosed warranty issues. I feel it is
ultimately in my customers' best interest to be transparent with system
performance, and the only way to do that effectively is with MLPE. Case in
point... I just replaced a Canadian Solar 240P module under warranty that
measured 24Voc and 2.5Isc in full sun. It was on an Enphase M215. We
probably would have never known about it on a string inverter, especially
if there were two MPPT strings attached. Another case in point, on a string
inverter I recently found an 8 year old panel damaged by a golf ball, but
it was only visible from the roof. Who knows how long it was up there...
and it may not have been found for alot longer if the new homeowner hadn't
called me for a system assessment.

I still favor Enphase over SE. I think they have a better long-term
business outlook (my subjective view), but they need to get their
short-term issues with dealer support straightened out. That was the point
of the original post.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experience.

Jason Szumlanski