[RE-wrenches] Pump ideas

Brian Teitelbaum bteitelbaum at aeesolar.com
Wed Aug 3 09:39:45 PDT 2016

Jay,

Is that 140 “feet” of head, or really 140 psi (about equal to 323 ft of
head at sea level)? I’ll assume the 140 psi

And I’ll assume that you want to run the pump PV-direct, without batteries
or an inverter.

Can the “well” be dug deeper? If they can dig it out another few feet or
so, creating a deeper pool, that would keep the drawn-out water much
cleaner

You might want to look at the Grundfos CRFlex surface pumps. They have
motors with the same AC/DC voltage specs as the SQFlex pumps, but they also
have a control panel where you can adjust the motor speed. These pumps do
have higher water flow-rate specs, but maybe you could adjust it down
enough to get the 3-4 gpm rate. According to the pump chart, the CRFlex
model 1-17 will pump about 4 gpm at 328 ft of head with about 750W of
power. Unfortunately, I don’t have enough experience with these pumps to
know for sure about the ability or limitations of adjusting the motor
speed,  but I am looking for a Guinea Pig. (If any of you fine Wrenches out
there have any experience with adjusting the CRFlex motor speed, please
contact me off-list)

Jay -  contact me off-list if want to discuss using one of these pumps.

Brian Teitelbaum

AEE Solar