[RE-wrenches] Bypassing a broken PV module

eric at harvesthesun.com eric at harvesthesun.com
Sat Jul 23 12:19:11 PDT 2016

Hi Jason,

We just removed 2-3 shattered mods from the roof of the old KACO HQ because, in my opinion, the shattered glass poses a fire hazard by exposing normally protected electrical connections. The risk may be small but if there is any risk present what-so-ever, I want to mitigate that. I believe you made the right call by refusing to do the work as you may be liable in the (however unlikely) event of catastrophic failure at the mod in question. The array won't look so nice anymore if half of it is melted and charred. Play it safe. Get rid of it.

Eric Stikes
Founding Director & CEO
Good Sun Solar, A CA non-profit corp.
www.goodsun.life