[RE-wrenches] PV output but no power

Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Sat Jul 2 15:54:42 PDT 2016

The dates of the defective KC-120-1 (and KC-80-1) are from late 1998 to Dec. 2002. Any modules in the date period will be replaced at no cost by Kyocera. Talk about amazing commitment to the customer, these modules only had a 1 year defect warranty. 15 years later and they are still replacing them with remanufactured units.

Bill, the typical failure is Voc of about 10 volts. However, the failure can be intermittent. For this reason, any modules in the date period should be replaced even though they appear to test OK.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems