[RE-wrenches] speaking of warranties

William Dorsett wmdorsett at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 30 06:31:14 PDT 2016

Visiting a Canadian Solar array we put up a  couple years ago, where there appears to be 1/32” wide tracks crossing cells on several of the modules, (look like little worm holes) branching and in one module they are particularly thick just over an Enphase 215. Tracings in a few spots are slightly discolored and appear raised instead of flat. Top glass and the bottom cover sheet is apparently untouched. I would think possible a close lightening hit but none of the MOV’s (SOV’s?) in the Midnight Solar lightening arrester are blown.

Have others of you seen similar damage? I am assuming this could become an insurance instead of a warranty issue.

Bill Dorsett

Manhattan, KS