[RE-wrenches] Odd Inverter Problem

Travis Jordan travis at jordansolar.net
Sat Jun 11 11:58:56 PDT 2016

Just a thought, but some of the old or cheap inverters don't take nicely to
bonding the ground to neutral. You may try leaving the ground wire
disconnected from the inverter for a test and see if that changes
anything.... Also make sure you don't have moisture or a short of some sort
in your output cable to the house, I got involved with a job once that had
normal Romex buried outside and it got wet and caused issues with the
inverter not working properly. It ohmed out fine, but when I hooked it up
it didn't play nice with the inverter. I would suspect something with the
site wiring from what I am understanding from your post.

Good luck!

Travis Jordan
travis at jordansolar.net
travis at mtsolar.us