[RE-wrenches] supply side connection - Connectder

Kirk Herander vtsolar at icloud.com
Thu Jun 9 13:07:18 PDT 2016

The connectder, I’ve just found, is not universal to all meter sockets. An older 100A Milbank socket, where a meter ring clamps the meter to the outside of the socket cover, will not work. If you try to clamp the connectder collar to the cover, then install the meter into the connectder, the weight of the meter extending out will cause about a quarter inch of loose play / meter seating in the socket jaws. The front of the meter sags. I had to replace the meter socket with the modern version, where the front cover requires no ring and holds the connectder (or normally the utility meter) tight in place on its own, to eliminate the play and sag.