[RE-wrenches] Solectria PVI 5200 mounting

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Thu Jun 9 07:56:40 PDT 2016

Hilton:

I have had exactly this problem, along with several other problems, with
the Solectria inverters.  I document them all in a web page:

http://www.millersolar.com/MillerSolar/case_studies/Solectria/Solectria.html

I had a lengthy series of exchanges with Solectria and received a lot of
excuses and justifications, but no real results.  We try to avoid using
Solectria for all of these reasons and also for the fact they are no longer
an American manufacturer.

I think the most serious problem is the lack of separable DC disconnect.
This mean you have to add a 600 volt rated DC disconnect within
line-of-sight of the inverter.  This is a big expense.  Without the
disconnect, the inverter is impossible to safely service during daylight
hours.

Good luck with this install.

William

Lic 773985