[RE-wrenches] Solectria PVI 5200 mounting

Hilton Dier hiltondier at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 07:40:26 PDT 2016

Hello Wrenches,

I have a perplexing problem with a PVI 5200 and I can't get to the front of the tech support line at Solectria.

The inverter has the usual backplate for mounting: bolt the backplate to the wall, lift the inverter, drop the slots on the back of the inverter onto the tabs on top of the plate. Fine so far. Then the instructions say to use the enclosed lock nuts to fasten the inverter to the back plate, "as shown in figure 15."

Problem: no lock nuts, no place to put lock nuts, no indication of lock nuts in figure 15. The inverter just hangs loose on the tabs.

I usually use SMA inverters, which have fixed nuts on the mounting frame and matching tabs on the inverter for stainless socket head screws.

Has anyone dealt with this? I can't imagine just leaving the inverter hanging there.

Many thanks,

Hilton

Hilton Dier III
Renewable Energy Design