[RE-wrenches] Optics RE with two hubs.

Lones Tuss ltuss at outbackpower.com
Tue May 10 14:27:10 PDT 2016

The Flex net DC can be used with up to three shunts.
It will give individual shunt information as well as overall total of the three.
The actual labels do not matter other than easy identification.
But if you do want to label them it is done in the Configuration Wizard
I would recommend installing the FNDC on the Mate3/Hub combination used with the inverters.
It is nice to have SOC, Dc Voltage and Battery Temperature viewed with the inverters.

Do I really need the PV shunt?

Yes for the FNDC to be accurate all paths into and out of the batteries must go through a shunt.

I can’t seem to find the screen where you label the charge controllers.

The Mate3 with the charge controllers will label them as Port 1-10.
You can assign a name to a shunt you cannot assign a name to a charge controller.

Each Mate has its own Mac address put both Mates under the same site name.

Just to clarify OutBack usually uses a 500 amp 50mv shunt.
500/ .05 = 10,000 to 1 ratio
It is possible to use a 1000A 100mv shunt
The 10,000 to 1 ratio is the same.
This can help with larger systems.
I apologize for the piece meal response.
There are several questions here that had to be dealt with individually.
I hope this helps.
Take Care

Lones Tuss
Applications Engineer
OutBack Power Technologies
17825 59th Ave NE, Suite B, Arlington, WA 98223
360.618.4383 Office | 425.213.8794 Cell
www.outbackpower.com<http://www.outbackpower.com/>