[RE-wrenches] Off-grid generator update?

Michael Morningstar mjmorningstar at gmail.com
Thu May 5 09:36:23 PDT 2016

I've been using Cummins RS 22's, where a propane fuel source is dictated (my preference is diesel). They are 20kw, liquid cooled, 1800rpm, and available without enclosures and cost a little less than 10K. A little bit larger than what we are talking about, and usually oversized for a lot of my applications, but I refuse to deal with disposable generators and the crappy support that comes with them. Cummins has always been great to work with. Generac or Kholer have great support when your installing 500kw gensets in heavy commercial or industrial applications!

Michael