[RE-wrenches] Outback programing question

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Apr 29 11:07:51 PDT 2016

What's wrong with the chargers being on?  Just set the charge settings
(absorb 56 v, and absorb time 5 minutes) fairly low. It will lightly
charge for a few minutes, and then go to float.
Just because your customer imagines this to be a problem, doesn't mean
it actually is.  Its not going to hurt the batteries or use excessive
fuel to go through a little refresh charge like this, and if the
batteries actually are low, these charge settings will be helpful.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,
Licensed Master Electrician