[RE-wrenches] Does a Netral COunt as a CCC

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Thu Apr 21 11:08:25 PDT 2016

Also look at the notes to the tables in Chapter 9.  For conduit fill,
all wires are counted.  310.15 covers ampacity derating for more than 3
current carrying conductors in the raceway. The key is "current carrying
conductors".  The neutral definitely carries current.  You don't have to
count grounding conductors, control, or signal wiring for that ampacity
derating, because they don't create heat.  But they still count for
conduit fill, though.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,