[RE-wrenches] SolarEdge comm card failures

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Mon Apr 18 11:26:42 PDT 2016

Carl,

We experienced a rash of Comm Card issues with several SE installs over
several years, but none exactly as you describe.  Our issues were almost
all resolved with a board replacement, but a few were particularly vexing
with many return service calls to get a resolution.  We seemed to have the
most problems with the single phase 10k inverters.  In general, SE tech
support was helpful, although a bit paint-by-numbers at times, as well as
very slow to answer for much of 2015.  As best I can tell, the issues have
begun to settle down most recently.
Howie

*Howie Michaelson*
*NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™*
Sun Catcher, LLC
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
VT Solar Electric Incentive Partner
802-272-0004