[RE-wrenches] SolarEdge comm card failures

Carl Adams swingjunkie at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 08:34:07 PDT 2016

Hello Wrenches,

Anyone experiencing issues with comm card failures on SolarEdge inverters?
We have some systems installed  in 2012 exhibiting similar behaviors.  The
systems are producing data, it is registering on the inverter, and our
independent utilty meter, but is not reported to the SolarEdge portal.
Next day(s) it reports production to the portal but the missing data is
never filled in.  I have attached a small graph from the portal dashboard.

Typically if a network connection goes down, and then is restored the data
should be uploaded after the connection is back on line.  In this case
their remains a hole in the data, for that day, indicating that data was
never uploaded.

We had one system which exhibited this "missing data" symptom on accasion
over a 2 month period of time.  This was diagnosed, as a failing comm
card.  Once that was replaced we have not seen the issue recur for that
site.  But now we are seeing similar behavior from three other sites, all
installed a in the second half of 2012.

Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this.

Thanks
Carl Adams
SunRock Solar

Virus-free.