[RE-wrenches] AFCI trip on metal roof

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Thu Mar 24 07:31:52 PDT 2016

Hi August,

The inverter is an Sunny Boy 7700TL-US-22 with
REC 280 TP modules. The array and roof are grounded.

There are large compressors on the system for
heat pump and A/C.  The array is on an estimated
2600 sq ft metal roof. The system had no issues
for months after the installation and then the
arc fault device started tripping and wouldn't
stay reset. The system was operating normally again by the time we got there.

Drake

---