[RE-wrenches] AFCI trip on metal roof

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Wed Mar 23 14:39:27 PDT 2016

Years ago, 2007 we had a similar situation & found a pinched module wire
that was suspect. We insulated it, retested and same tripping in the old
sunny boy. Tech support kept pointing at the wiring, then finally coughed up
a replacement under warranty, as the inverter was the only weak link left.
No problems since then with that system.

Chris Worcester

Solar Wind Works

NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Office 530-582-4503