[RE-wrenches] Silicone on Module Glass

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Mon Mar 14 16:16:33 PDT 2016

Benn,

         I would think a phone call or email (to get it in "writing")
from the manufacturer would be the safest route to take.  I know PV
glass is no standard issue product and must vary some from manu to
manu...composition, thickness, texture (or not), coatings?  So I guess
I'm more concerned about the affect the paint thinner may have on the
glass, it's surface, a coating?... than its affect for several seconds
it might be in contact with the glass/frame sealant.  I'll also bet a
dollar that the sealant is much better than anything we can get.

$.02

Bill

Feather River Solar Electric
Bill Battagin, Owner