[RE-wrenches] NEC 705.12 Point of Connection - 120% rule for center-fed panelboards

Christopher Warfel cwarfel at entech-engineering.com
Fri Mar 4 06:53:02 PST 2016

Bill, I am just pointing out that JW's article seems to be what the NEC
says in 2014, that's all. Again it is great that you were able to get
new language in 2017. I am in a job where we have to compare 2008 to
2014as 2008 is in effect, but 2014 has somany more interconnection
options, that we advise the installers to take the 2014 NEC to the AHJ
and show that new interconnectionmethods are available and should be
considered by the AHJ even thoughNEC 2008 in the current code. One thing
for sure, it is changing very quickly and I think most of us are having
a very difficult time keeping up with it. At least I am.

Rapid Shut Down is going to be more of an issue than thisI think, and
that is going to be chewed over quite a bit on Wrenches Ibet. Chris