[RE-wrenches] MIGB's

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue Feb 16 15:59:20 PST 2016

Adam:

Have you considered the Heyco or other types of gland nuts?  I know these
don’t bond your rigid, but you can slap on a ground clamp at an appropriate
location.  A gland nut will keep spiders out of your pipe.

The gland nuts will also keep out (or hold in water).  I hate to try and
make any conduit or boxes watertight.  Condensation just happens.  Instead,
we make sure conduits and boxes can drain.  You can drill a weep hole in a
low spot, leave off a gasket or if one of the Heycos is at a low spot, poke
out an extra opening.  Weep holes are allowed by code as long as they meet
criteria.  I think is a maximum of ¼” diameter.

Good luck.

William

PS:  Or put a bell box on either end of the conduit.  Bond the bell box and
the conduit is bonded.  Screw the gland fitting into the bell box to keep
critters out and protect the wire.

Wm

[image: Gradient Cap_mini]
Lic 773985