[RE-wrenches] Battery Enclosures

Hilton Dier hiltondier at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 15:24:00 PST 2016

I'd recommend going to usplastic.com and looking at their high density polyethylene rectangular tanks. I think the brand is Tamco. They come in a variety of sizes. They are sturdy 1/4" poly. You can get fitted lids. It's easy to hole saw them for conduit. I have used them a few times for small battery banks. If necessary you could combine two of them with conduit for a larger bank. They are acid proof and neat looking.

They are a bit pricey, but consider the hassle and cost of getting together materials, assembly, lining, painting, etc.

Hilton Dier III
Renewable Energy Design
Solar Gain, LLC
Missisquoi River Hydro LLC