[RE-wrenches] 600V charge controller questions

Roy Rakobitsch windsine at gmail.com
Sun Jan 31 20:26:50 PST 2016

Allan, you could network multiple Morningstar 600v controllers for the
output ampacity required (up to 4 controllers, ...yeah, I know they are
expensive).

Would you even need a transfer switch? Why not just wire Fronius IG and
Morningstar controller inputs in parallel (with associated fuses and
disconnects of course). Once batteries are charged and in float, the array
then would be available to the IG to sell to the grid. If the IG goes down
(which it prob will eventually) then the MS 600v controller will charge the
batts enough to get by. Seems like it would work, am I missing something?

RoyR

Roy Rakobitsch
NABCEP Certified Small Wind Installer®
Certified Advanced Tower Climbing, Safety & Rescue
Wind/PV Design Engineer
Windsine LLC
631-514-4166
www.windsine.org