[RE-wrenches] Enphase M190 current limiting

Rebecca Lundberg rebecca.lundberg at powerfullygreen.com
Sun Jan 31 20:08:38 PST 2016

I just noticed that several of our sites with Enphase M190s are current
limiting at 140 watts. These units used to clip at 199 watts so I feel like
our customers just lost a potential 30% of their power output. It appears
to be related to a firmware update 520-00008-r01-v01.08.00. We've got one
site with just 8 units, 1 of them got this firmware update back in
September and has been limiting to 140w since then, 5 of them got this
update in late January and have been limiting to 140w since then, the other
two are at a previous firmware version and are performing as we would
expect up to 199w. Have any of you noticed this same thing? Do you know
what this is about? It doesn't feel very fair on the user end of things.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Lundberg
Powerfully Gree
​n​