[RE-wrenches] Availability of Powerwall Batteries

August Goers august at luminalt.com
Fri Jan 22 08:26:00 PST 2016

I’m chiming in a bit late on this one.

Solaredge is compatible with SunPower. See the P400:

http://www.solaredge.us/groups/us/powerbox/module-add-on

Solarege has been very popular in the Bay Area among SunPower and
non-SunPower dealers.

I’ve attended a Tesla Powerwall training and the product is coming but it
will probably be a slow and limited rollout (just my gut based on what I
saw). The 400 volt battery output in particular will be the most
revolutionary part of the product in my opinion. The Storedge product is
their 1st gen battery product (I believe) so only time will tell how it
works:

http://www.solaredge.us/groups/us/products/storedge

I’m not convinced that any of the other lithium products are ready for
prime time. They are expensive and I don’t personally want to spend the
time or money to experiment with them at this point. That said, we recently
commissioned our first dual Schneider XW+ system with AGMs and besides a
few hiccups, it looks like a very customizable and clean package. I agree
that storage is the future and certainly the reduced size and increased
cycling ability of lithiums make them very appealing.

Cheers,

August

Luminalt