[RE-wrenches] Radian vs SI - Shunt for SOC Control

Tump tump at swnl.net
Mon Jan 18 05:56:05 PST 2016

the communication cable IS required, to switch the Sunny Boys
from grid tie to off-grid mode, in the event of a grid failure.
This is true for the older SB U series, while one is able to move the rotary switch on the TL series of inverters. This grid/off grid setting is also able to be adjusted using the SMA service tool. This Off Grid mode set in the SB inverters can only be used when using a SI as now the SI is meeting the anti island mode for any grid tied system.
Com cable is used between the SI & the SB for the web box & sunny sensor box.