[RE-wrenches] Battery Charge Settings.

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Tue Jan 19 08:42:07 PST 2016

Steve,

         Yikes, so to confirm, even on your or anybody's double-walled
cells the best BTS location is down the side of the cell.  It seems so
thermally distance/insulated from the electrolyte and lead which we are
all so concerned about protecting.  I've said this before, no doubt I'm
in the minority but I would be willing to insert a polypropylene encased
BTS sensor into a 1/4" hole in the top of a cell, sealed with a viton
O-ring.  We are talking about some battery packs costing $5,10,20K, I
consider it one of my prime services is to insure the best lifecycle of
the pack.  It seems this arrangement would insure the BTS is doing a
much better job of adjusting CC settings.

Bill

Feather River Solar Electric
Bill Battagin, Owner
4291 Nelson St.