[RE-wrenches] battery-based inverter

Drake drake.chamberlin at redwoodalliance.org
Sat Jan 16 07:22:29 PST 2016

Hi Kevin,

Are you talking about the generator charging algorithm or the solar,
AC coupled algorithm.

I read a post on this list claiming that the AC coupled charging of
the SI was just an on / off charge, just on and off like AC coupling
with other brands of inverters. I've also read that it does taper
charge. Do you know the answer to this?

Thanks,

Drake

At 02:59 PM 1/15/2016, you wrote:

>We use SMA Sunny Island product for larger industrial projects. More
>expensive, more difficult to set up, more difficult to program - but
>once they are up and running solid with no issues and they take
>better care of batteries through a smarter charging algorithm.

---