[RE-wrenches] Solar Edge Optimizer failures

Daniel Young dyoung at dovetailsolar.com
Fri Jan 8 09:50:50 PST 2016

We’ve had a similar experience as Carl has on this. We have 929 kW of SE up and running (mix of commercial and residential, so roughly 2000 actual optimizers) with only a handful of DOA’s or infant mortalities (total of maybe 10-15 so far). Service is reimbursed just like you say (does not truly cover the cost, unless the job is next door). But it has not happened enough, or in any sort of pattern for us to have gotten riled up about it so far.

Daniel Young,

NABCEP Certified PV Installation ProfessionalTM: Cert #031508-90