[RE-wrenches] Source Circuit Disconnect - 690.14 (C)(1)

Patrick Shortell pshortell6 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 10:47:01 PST 2016

Hi Carl,
I've moved away from this type of installation since alot of the inspectors
in this area just don't like it.
I avoid getting into "code confrontations" with them and prefer to impress
them rather than depress them.
Have you looked at article 110 regarding working clearances?
Also I've considered a cut in the insulation of a ungrounded source circuit
conductor in grounded metal conduit inside a dwelling.
Maybe i'm looking to deeply into it but I'd rather keep source circuit
conductors on the exterior of a dwelling.
It's hard to back track with the customer when he's been sold on the
conduit being hidden and then having to eventually concede to the AHJ.
Sometimes having your inspector review your installation plan before you
install builds a good solid relationship with him and avoids costly
reworking.
I'd rather be happy than right.
Just Saying
Pat