[RE-wrenches] Tax credits on expanded arrays?

William Dorsett wmdorsett at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 9 17:30:32 PST 2016

We have a number of people who were trying to be grandfathered in our old
net metering rates by installing systems with a few modules before our
hyper-conservative legislature decided to reduce payments for excess
generation to the cost of fuel (coal here) and then to double-down by adding
the threat of solar tariff. Some of these grandfathered families now want to
expand their systems. Under IRS rules, you can only take a 10% tax credit of
the cost to improve efficiency of your home one time in your lifetime. Does
the same "once in a lifetime" rule apply to the cost of expanding your PV
system? Thanks for your thoughts.

Bill Dorsett

Manhattan, KS  66502

785/539-1956  Office