[RE-wrenches] Which commercial string inverters?

Stephen K kanestephenj at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 15:26:27 PDT 2016

Hello RE-Wrenches,

I'm a long time recipient of great knowledge, experience and advice from
this list, but I've been an infrequent poster.

I'm curious about this list's opinion on the current status of the
Commercial sized string inverter product options (from ~10kW to 80kW, 600
and 1000VDC flavors).

What are your preferred inverters for ~250kW to ~2MW, US based
installations (any mounting type - ground-mount, rooftop, carport etc)?

How would you rank the most well-known brands considering any of the
following categories:

     a) quality and reliability / uptime

     b) long-term O&M issues

     c) Tech Support and RMA processes

     d) DAS (or SCADA) factors and challenges

     e) cost

     f) flexibility with design variables

     g) arc fault issues

     h) rapid shut down

     i) firmware/software glitches

     j) other

Some brand name suggestions we've become familiar with over the years
include - Fronius, SMA, Solectria, Chint, AE, ABB, Kaco, Refusol, Huawei,
SunGrow....and more....

Thanks for sharing your thoughts everyone,

*Stephen Kane*

*Namaste Solar*

*Co-Owner | Commercial Service and O&M*

*NABCEP Certified in Solar PV Installation*

*303.447.0300 x308 <303.447.0300%20x308>*

*stephen.kane at namastesolar.com <stephen.kane at namastesolar.com>*

4571 Broadway Street | Boulder, Colorado 80304

3330 Larimer Street, Suite 1A | Denver, Colorado 80205