[RE-wrenches] Rapid ShutDown Requirement

Carl Adams swingjunkie at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 08:00:07 PDT 2016

Hello Wrenches,

I am working on a ballasted roof mount system.  46 kW using four roof
mounted Fronius 10.0-3 208V inverters.  The system consists of 4 sub-arrays
with one inverter for each sub array.  Discussing the rapid shutdown
requirements with a colleague he said if we keep the inverters located
within 10 ft of the array we do not need to add any rapid shutdown
devices.  The inverter AC ouput disconnects would satisfy the requirement.

Does that match your understanding?

Thanks in advance
Carl Adams
President, SunRock Solar