[RE-wrenches] Conext XW+ always feeding critical loads subpanel from battery bank

Dan Fink danbob88 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 15:56:00 PDT 2016

Installer went out of business, all I have to troubleshoot with is an
as-built 3-line that "may or may not be right." The charge controllers are
a pair Midnite Classic 200s. Customer complained that system selling only
2/3 of what was predicted back to the utility; that appears to be because
everything out of his critical loads subpanel is running off the battery
bank all night, every night, grid or no, so it takes 1/3 of the day to get
the batteries charged up again every day and start selling to the grid.

I have very little experience with the XW+ thus my question for the folks
here. My plan for next week is to show up, make my own as-built 3-line, and
recommission the inverter. Anyone else seen this sort of thing before? Hard
to believe that an electrician would mis-wire or not wire the bypass, I'm
thinking software setting.

Dan Fink
Adjunct Professor of Solar Energy Technology, Ecotech Institute
IREC Certified Instructor™ for:
~ PV Installation Professional
~ Small Wind Installer
Executive Director, Buckville Energy
NABCEP Registered Continuing Education Providers™
970.672.4342