[RE-wrenches] AC coupling with SolarEdge

Howie Michaelson howie at suncatchervt.com
Mon Jun 6 08:55:47 PDT 2016

Hi all,
Apparently SolarEdge is no longer officially supporting or warranting AC
Coupling - maybe because they now have the StorEdge option (has anyone
actually seen one for sale and/or operating). In any case, since I have
sold prior to missing that memo and am now in the position of installing a
battery backup system using an SE5000US and a Schneider XW5548, I am
needing to figure the details out without any support from either Schneider
or SolarEdge (SolarEdge tech support referred me to Outback tech support
saying Outback has recommendations for AC coupling with SE, but the techs I
spoke with at Outback are vague at best when talking about AC coupling with
any inverter and even less forthcoming when talking about SE).

Does anyone know whether SE inverters still respond to frequency shift and
what those parameters are? I will install a failsafe relay to disconnect
the SE inverter upon high battery voltage, but it would be useful to know
what, if at all, the set points for power limiting are in the SE inverter.
Any info or leads would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Howie

Howie Michaelson
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installer™

Sun Catcher
Renewable Energy Systems Sales and Service
VT Solar Electric Incentive Partner
802-272-0004