[RE-wrenches] Optics RE with two hubs.

William Miller william at millersolar.com
Tue May 3 00:10:21 PDT 2016

Friends:

I am setting up an Optics RE system with a system that has 8 FX inverters
and 3 charge controllers.  I installed two Mate3s and a Flexnet-DC.  I need
two shunts for the Inverters because 4 are connected in one DC1000 and 4 in
the other.  I installed a third shunt for the PV.

The inverter Mate3 and Flexnet connects into one 10 port hub and the PV
Mate3 connects into another hub with the charge controllers.

Do I really need the PV shunt?  How is the Flexnet processing charge
current if it does not know there are charge controllers?

I can’t seem to find the screen where you label the charge controllers.  I
am used to setting these up with Radians.  Am I missing something?

Any help is appreciates. Because when I posed this question to Outback and
got the audible equivalent to a blank stare:

Thanks in advance,

William Miller

[image: Gradient Cap_mini]
Lic 773985