[RE-wrenches] 4 ways to keep a battery for a long time

Ray Walters ray at solarray.com
Fri Dec 18 10:29:34 PST 2015

Hi Larry;

LFPs definitely have some internal resistance and therefore are subject
to Puekert's law, they just have an exponent that is closer to 1.  Yes,
they also have a higher operating temperature, but it still has a limit.

My point is that if you develop software to better model FLA batteries,
the software could easily be adapted to other technologies by simply
inputting the appropriate Puekert's exponent, temp limit, etc. of that
particular battery.

R.Ray Walters
CTO, Solarray, Inc
Nabcep Certified PV Installer,