[RE-wrenches] 4 ways to keep a battery for a long time

jay jay.peltz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 07:54:40 PST 2015

HI Ray,

I think you are right.

But for example, lithium have a really flat voltage curve, and then drop like a stone. And mostly can handle extreme C/D rates with no issue.
VS
LA which have much more of a actual curve on voltage and extreme C/D rates really impact capacity and wear.

And for the better Lithium BMS systems are measuring each cell for voltage and temp.  And are also able to balance them with small current flow.
We need that for LA, but I don’t think it’ll happen.

jay

peltz power