[RE-wrenches] SIPS panel roofs

Luke Christy sgsrenewables at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 18:45:06 PST 2015

Hi Dana,
We had to do this very thing for a project some years ago. I searched extensively for a product that could allow us to attach directly to the top skin of a SIP panel without having to use blocking or through fasteners. We ended up using an attachment made by EcoFasten Solar. It uses a steel plate with a number of screws (8, I think) that collectively  create the required pullout resistance. They had engineering to support using the product on SIPs, which was awesome.

A quick look at their website shows that they still make a SIP-specific attachment. Their flashing isn't ideal for Pro-panel, but I would think that you could make it work.

-Luke