[RE-wrenches] SIPS panel roofs

Chris Worcester chris at solarwindworks.com
Wed Dec 16 17:29:28 PST 2015

Hi Dana,

I’d consider the DPW Easy Power Posts as each one takes 6  ¼” x 2” screws,
and if you use the fat ¼” metal roofing screws a lot of the strength is in
the metal to help with hold down. Triple rails under each row of modules
with Easy power posts at 16” to 24” o.c. depending on the roof’s pattern

just a thought. I do wonder what their metal roof attachment method was. We
have used these on metal in high snow-wind load scenarios, but into plywood,
not OSB, using the # 14 x 1.5” Woodtite metal roofing screws. Good luck.

Chris Worcester

Solar Wind Works

NABCEP Certified PV Installer

Office 530-582-4503