[RE-wrenches] Outback customer service???

Starlight Solar Power Systems larry at starlightsolar.com
Wed Dec 16 06:41:53 PST 2015

Jay,

I did contact The Solar Biz and they did not stock the 48 volt FET board and suggested that I would get it faster if I went direct to Outback. Last night I received a call back from Sandra Herrera. She said they only stock refurbished boards and they only have a 90 day warranty. Then she suggested that I buy through a distributor. At this point I need to repair this inverter so the customer can stop running a generator.

I’m really surprised to hear that you have had lots (“nothing but”) of trouble with Magnum Energy products. Because of the nature of our business, we install hundreds of Magnum products and also sell them in our retail store. We have never had a DOA and I think only one warranty problem with one inverter in the last 10 years.  Magnum Energy accounts for 90% of our inverter installations and with the new 100 amp charge controller, they have total system integration. I quite stocking and selling any Outback products due to poor customer service and receiving used products from them when I had brand new DOA products. So, yeah, quite odd.

Larry Crutcher
Starlight Solar Power Systems