[RE-wrenches] Frozen T-105s

frenergy frenergy at psln.com
Thu Dec 3 21:00:01 PST 2015

Larry, et al.

         Yes, good point< I should have mentioned the batteries are only
1 1/2 years old.  There are many of the first time homeowner mistakes
going on here...not a good site for winter sun due to tree shade,
batteries in cold environment, didn't mention a recently sporadically
working CC, etc. Its the whole enchilada.

         Though I just met the customer he's a nice guy, burned by the
first dealer and very un-solar-educated.  I want to help him but he has
very few funds.  After a thorough thaw, we thought we would "test" 2
batts on a car trickle charger (his friends' house) to see if/how they
respond.  I've been training him on monitoring temps, electrolyte,
keeping the amps low for the first many hours and watching, documenting
voltage.  If he wants to spend his time doing this to see if some life
can be scratched out of all that sulphation, I'm willing to mentor
him...for now.

         I know we been in this discussion before but the frozen cells
were a new twist for me.  Thanks you guys,

Bill