[RE-wrenches] module hot spots

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Sat Nov 21 21:48:33 PST 2015

I have looked at several modules (not SunPower though) and I see this
much temperature
variation between cells BUT I have not seen anything like your picture,
with only one cell
hotter.  What I have seen is hotter and cooler cells more or less spread out
semi-randomly.  Not sure if your example is normal or not for Sun Power ?

Here is one example from my library of FLIR pix.
A thermal imaging camera sure sheds light
on many different things !
boB