[RE-wrenches] module hot spots

Marco Mangelsdorf marco at pvthawaii.com
Sat Nov 21 21:31:43 PST 2015

Hello all,

I'm seeing hot spots on some of the SunPower modules we installed circa
2007-2010.  (I've been a SunPower dealer since 2005.)

Sometimes theses cells are 20-30 degrees C hotter than the surrounding cells
and it's especially striking while using a Flir IR camera.  Check out the
two images below.

cid:image001.png at 01D12070.CBCC60D0cid:image002.png at 01D12070.CBCC60D0

Do many of you come across hot spotted mods?  Anyone know of any papers out
there on hot spots and the hit on performance and reliability?

Mahalo,

marco