[RE-wrenches] Icynene spray foam insulation patching

Luke Christy sgsrenewables at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 09:41:09 PST 2015

It would be interesting to know what this contractor was referring to specifically. I've used Great Stuff extensively in buildings insulated with 1/2 lb polyurethane foam and haven't noticed any obvious adherence or other compatibility issues. I believe Icynene is usually a more dense 2 lb product. I wonder if there is some kind of chemical incompatibility. Anyone else know about this?

-Luke

On Nov 19, 2015, at 8:25 AM, Jason Szumlanski <jason at floridasolardesigngroup.com> wrote:

> A​n insulation contractor mentioned to me that Great Stuff is "not compatible" with Icynene. I took that to mean it doesn't adhere. Perhaps he meant that it isn't as effective.
>
> Jason

Luke Christy

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™: Certification #031409-25
NABCEP Certified Solar Heating Installer™: Certification #ST032611-03

Solar Gain Services, LLC
PO Box 531
Monte Vista, CO. 81144
SGSRenewables at Gmail.com