[RE-wrenches] traveling with digital meters

Rebekah Hren rebekah.hren at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 07:53:54 PST 2015

I agree, check probes, carry meters, TSA is too inconsistent to figure out
if it's always going to be let through. However, I just barely squeaked
through entrance customs last week, there was a $2000 limit for bringing
equipment into country. Check and make sure that you won't have to pay
customs taxes or get your meters yanked at customs!
Rebekah

On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 7:40 PM, Dan Fink <danbob88 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jay - I was busted for the probes in Canada. Too sharp. Fortunately it
> was a tiny airport and my checked bags were right outside on the tarmac, so
> the nice Air Canada lady went out and put the probes in.
> So now I check the probes, and carry on the meter.
>
> Dan Fink
> Adjunct Professor, Ecotech Institute
> IREC Certified Instructor™ for:
> ~ PV Installation Professional
> ~ Small Wind Installer
> Executive Director, Buckville Energy
> NABCEP Accredited Continuing Education Providers™
> 970.672.4342
>

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2015 at 4:49 PM, jay <jay.peltz at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I believe this was talked about in the past, but I can’t find it.
>>
>> I’m going to be traveling out of the country with a clamp on w/probes
>>
>> And curious if I should/can check this or carry it on?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> jay

>> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

>> List rules & etiquette:
>> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>>
>> Check out or update participant bios:
>> www.members.re-wrenches.org

> List Address: RE-wrenches at lists.re-wrenches.org

> List rules & etiquette:
> www.re-wrenches.org/etiquette.htm
>
> Check out or update participant bios:

Tel: 336.266.8800
NABCEP Certified Solar PV Installation Professional™ 091209-85
NC Licensed Electrical Contractor