[RE-wrenches] Generac EcoGen Failure.

Luke Christy sgsrenewables at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:32:34 PST 2015

Thanks Chris.
I do get the value of proper training, I just feel a little hung out to dry in this particular instance. However, as you pointed out, being in this situation where I'm pretty far removed from an urban area with a service dealer is probably fairly unusual.

In any case, I really appreciate your offer to help. I'll get in touch off list with some more details.

-Luke

On Nov 2, 2015, at 12:31 PM, Chris Mason <cometenergysystems at gmail.com> wrote:

> You do need a service tech on staff to be a service dealer. Otherwise you are just selling the product.
> In order to be a service tech you need to attend training every two years. I have to travel from the Caribbean to Wisconsin to take the training at my own expense, they don't provide hotel anymore.
> The aim is to ensure properly trained technicians. Generac pays us to do the services, something most solar manufacturers won't do.
> You are in a pretty unique position, not having any service dealers close by. However, Generac may agree to pay the cost to bring a service tech to your site. It is their responsibility to do the service.
> In one case they flew a tech to the Caribbean to service a commercial unit. Now they just send them to me.
> If I can assist you remotely I will. Send me an email off list with a full description of the problem and I will see what I can do.

Luke Christy

NABCEP Certified PV Installation Professional™: Certification #031409-25
NABCEP Certified Solar Heating Installer™: Certification #ST032611-03

Solar Gain Services, LLC
PO Box 531
Monte Vista, CO. 81144
SGSRenewables at Gmail.com