[RE-wrenches] Classic 150 100 amp output breaker tripping?????

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Sun Nov 1 00:08:03 PDT 2015

Allan,  No, not suggesting to get rid of E-panels or wiring centers.
They aren't optimum though,
electrically speaking.  My suggestion was more of a technical one
intended to illustrate a
way of wiring to reduce stress on (most) MPPT charge controllers. I
should not have said
it was a a good practice "these days"...  That was kind of dumb for me
to say.

With the battery electrically a few feet away from the battery buses,
that tie the inverter
and charge controllers together (plus other components), the CCs and
other energy sources
can be momentarily short-circuited by the inverter (various reasons)...

If that bus was right at the battery terminals, then it's not nearly as
much stress on
things.  This is because the battery keeps a low impedance voltage point
between
the two different systems....    This assumes that the batteries are in
decent health.

You probably won't notice any issues wiring just the way you have been
doing things
all these years so I would just keep doing what you are doing. With
proper over current
protection (OCP), stress and reliability won't be an problem.

But, it doesn't hurt to  keep this concept in the back of your mind when
thinking about
how things work.

boB