[RE-wrenches] Classic 150 100 amp output breaker tripping?????

boB at midnitesolar.com boB at midnitesolar.com
Thu Oct 29 16:19:46 PDT 2015

Larry, because these MPPT CC's are bi-directional (for efficiencies'
sake), they can convert a large current
at the battery side to a smaller current at the PV side if not adjusted
right.  Normally this is just taken
care of and reduced to a bare minimum by the controller watching the
voltages and currents carefully.
It is technically possible though for things to not work exactly
correctly.  I am not saying that this is
for sure happening, but it is possible.   The ramping up in battery
voltage from the chargers should
be plenty slow enough for this not to be a problem but I am wildly
speculating that this could happen
and cannot rule it out.  There may of course be something else
completely different happening here
though.

If CBI breakers are being used, these are known to be extremely fast at
tripping when overloaded.

Also, what, if any SPDs are connected to the system ?

boB

On 10/29/2015 2:45 PM, Starlight Solar Power Systems wrote:
> After the Magnum Inverter/charger samples incoming AC power, they have
> a slight delay before starting the charger. Then, they ramp up current
> slowly.
>
> Even so, how will any current from any other source pass through the
> breaker unless the Classic is presenting a load? I suppose something
> else could be wired through the breaker but I’m guessing Daniel would
> have looked at that.

<<<Curious Larry's PICTURE GOES HERE>>>